Thursday, November 26, 2009

Malaysian experiences

I have just returned from a research visit to the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur. I was advising at their doctoral proposal event. The commitment of the students and their interest and enthusiasm to discuss research had a profound effect on me. It has made me more enthusiastic to take my own research to another level.

It is good to read the comments to the posts. I won't answer each one personally, as some can be left to others to answer or pass comment on, that way we get a diversity of views. I have had a few suggestions for post topics which I will get round to in the future.

We are up to nearly 800 visitors in just a few weeks so there is a lot of interest in the blog. If you want to be reminded of any updates to the site I have added the RSS feeds.

I will write more about my Malaysian experiences later.

www.CompletePhD.com

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Prof Craig,
    good to hear that ,
    It was brilliant opportunity to have contact and see one of the best person in my filed.
    knowledge should be enhanced by collaborative perspective and open mind with each other. I have seen this behavior in your way of dealing, making a comment and encouraging the PhD student in Malaysia.

    All the best for you

    Regards
    Amir

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. A key to advising PhD students is encouragement. This enables students to grow in confidence and to take on ownership of their project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had great time in Malaysia !

    ReplyDelete